Families of September 11 is now operating as the For Action Initiative. The
web pages on this site are available for informational purposes only.
Please visit us at www.foractioninitiative.org
November 16, 2005
Innovative Holiday Giving and More from Our Voices Together
Our Voices Together is a new, nonprofit organization founded by September 11th families and others who have lost loved ones to terrorist acts. Our Voices Together supports international development and education, fosters goodwill, and promotes global understanding. In so doing, they honor loved ones' lives by building a safer, more compassionate world for all.
Support September 11th Friends and Families' "Gifts That Count" through Holiday Shopping Online
We at FOS11 thought that our members would be interested in getting involved with Our Voices Together. Here are three ways to do so:
1. Use the "Gifts That Count" Virtual Gift Shop for thoughtful gifts that provide donations to effective charities and make a tangible difference in people's lives and support the work of 9/11 friends and families.
2. Check out the Think Big Act Big section of the Our Voices Together website for ideas on taking bold action to be the change you wish to see in the world and honor someone's life cut short by terrorism. Contact Our Voices Together for assistance.
3. Sign up for the Our Voices Together E-Newsletter, Voices, to learn about what other friends and families are doing.
The Gifts That Count shop may be of particular interest this holiday season.
The Our Voices Together online gift shop allows you to make a donation that will make a difference in people's lives in honor of a friend or loved one. You make the tax-deductible donation, a worthy cause gets the contribution, and your loved one gets the certificate. The certificates are personalizable -- you chose how to dedicate this thoughtful gift on the certificate.
Most of the gifts are supported by September 11 families and friends:
• A training and a supply kit for a midwife in Afghanistan through Women for Women International, also supported by Susan Retik and Patti Quigley of Beyond the 11th.
• School supplies for a student at the Central Asia Institute's schools in mountain villages, a project chosen by Kristin Steuerle in memory of her mother, Norma Steuerle.
• A scholarship for Jewish and Palestinian youth to participate in a summer camp through Seeds of Peace, a program supported by a friend of a September 11 family.
• See all gifts
• Gift shop FAQ
• See Sample Certificate
Tell a friend about Our Voices Together by forwarding this message or using the tell a friend feature.
Our Voices Together's website also has resources for educators, ideas for volunteering overseas, and recommended reading for students and others.
For more information on Our Voices Together or to get involved, visit the website at www.ourvoicestogether.org.
Contact Our Voices Together
Marianne Scott, Executive Director
Our Voices Together
1730 M St NW, Suite 712
Washington, DC 20036